Ernest's teacher found my blog one day, and called him "Ernest" all day long. Ernest says the teacher wondered why I chose that pseudonym. Here's why:
When I came up with the names I thought there was a phrase, "frank and earnest." Now when I google the phrase I only come up with a comic strip. But the definitions of the words fit my sons:
(There they are, being earnest and frank while playing WoW.)
1. serious in intention, purpose, or effort; sincerely zealous: an earnest worker.
2. showing depth and sincerity of feeling: earnest words; an earnest entreaty.
3. seriously important; demanding or receiving serious attention. –noun
4. full seriousness, as of intention or purpose: to speak in earnest.
Yes, Ernest is serious and sincere.
1. direct and unreserved in speech; straightforward; sincere: Her criticism of my work was frank but absolutely fair.
2. without inhibition or subterfuge; direct; undisguised: a frank appeal for financial aid.
And Frank is direct and straightforward.
Well, they're other things too. But as far as blog pseudonyms go, they seem to fit pretty well.