Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Day in the Country

Yesterday was a nice day. The Handy Husband and I went to a local festival. Here are Room 9's scarecrows. They were up for auction. The bids on most of the scarecrows weren't too high due to the competition. Room 2's scarecrow was up to $300 because it was wearing an authentic Olympic Volleyball jersey donated by the gold medalist. (His daughter is in that classroom.)

We wandered through the arts and crafts booths, and I tried not to buy anything. I was successful. The HH bought a shirt.

A tea seller had modified her Mini. Steam came out of the spout at regular intervals. I hope she takes the spout off when she drives it.

While we were out, Frank and Ernest played World of Warcraft. I actually like that, because Frank emerges from his cave and comes to our family room where the signal is stronger.


Ernest went to a sleepover birthday party at 5:00. Frank joined us for Chinese food (mmmmm, garlic prawns, beef chow mein, and kun pao chicken) and the movie "W." Josh Brolin gave an incredible performance as Bushy.


Today, the HH had to go to work. On a Sunday! I know, it's awful. But they are producing a new microscope and he's got to do it. Frank's playing WoW again. I don't know when Ernest will be back.


This is what I have to look forward to: folding the 4 loads (white, black, blue and red) of laundry:
Have a lovely afternoon.

10 comments:

David said...

The mini is cool!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely afternoon. I love fairs and festivals.

Sarah said...

The scarecrows and Mini are WAY cool. The laundry, alas, is too familiar.

Nora said...

Ugg, that pile of laundry! My least favorite job.

barbra said...

That car is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Your pile of laundry looks like mine!

The scarecrows and mini are just too cute.

A day in the country is always a good thing.

Liz said...

Ugh. Don't you just hate laundry!

~Liz
www.AGiveawayADay.blogspot.com

Tricia said...

That mini teapot is hilarious.

Hope you found your way out of the laundry pile.

Pretty Things said...

LOVE the Mini!

Louise said...

That scarecrow idea is a good one. I'll put some thought into that for our NEXT Fall Festival.