Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Today's Discoveries

Things I learned today:

Our cat can balance things on her head.
(See Chuck for the champion of balancing.)
UPDATE: Ernest calls this Cat Jenga.


It appears we have termites. The inspector is coming on Friday.


There are 110 holds for the new Michael Connelly book.


I tried those darn reading glasses again.
I'm TRYING to smile here but my eyes are watering.
Things are easier to read, though.

Frank can no longer copy the WoW patches to Ernest's storage device (his iPod). Now Ernest has to download them himself. (Ernest used to carry WoW around on the iPod so he could use it on any computer he found free, but now I think he has to stick to one computer as WoW will no longer allow itself to be copied.) It took 15 hours for Frank to download the new patch.

Do I care about this? No.

But it was a discovery, and has consumed the two of them since 5:00 p.m.

YESTERDAY.

SO WHAT DID YOU DISCOVER TODAY?

6 comments:

Tricia said...

I discovered that I'm really not getting enough sleep, and I'm just pretending to be well rested and chipper.

Your cat is much more patient about human antics than my dogs are. I'd have to sneak up on one of the dogs (yea right) and tape something to his head with gorilla tape for any chance of a photo.

The new glasses look great.

Anonymous said...

I discovered that although I wanted to stay in bed and sleep all day, I feel better for dragging myself out of bed and coming in to work. At least that's what I keep telling myself anyhow!

Anonymous said...

I discovered that I am stronger than I ever thought possible (emotionally that is), more patient than anyone thought possible, and can survive for a length of time (yet to be determened) on VERY little sleep.
-Echo

katydidnot said...

a) those glasses are awesome.
b) cool cat

Vanessa said...

I discovered I am sadly behind on all my blog reading! Hope everything turned out ok with the termites.

Louise said...

The day is young. But yesterday I discovered that if I am really "mean" at the beginning of the 7th and 8th grade art class, they will be extra good the rest of the day, and there will even be moments of COMPLETE silence while they work on their projects. Complete silence while students are busily working. Wow!

I love the Cat Jenga!