Tuesday, December 02, 2008

How to talk to...

This little 9 year old cutie pie has a book of dating advice. It seems very sensible.


Ernest gets lots of phone calls from a cute girl in his Algebra class. I know her aunt...who says the dad is great at math. So why is she calling Ernest all the time, hmmmmm? I wonder. I've also noticed that his upper lip peach fuzz is darkening. And his voice seems deeper than usual (he's always had a deep gruff voice for a child --- Frank did too). Oh my, puberty approaches.


Mr. Alec Greven has another book coming out in March: How To Talk to Moms. I can't wait.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a smart young man.

Louise said...

Ahh, how exciting for you. (Maybe not.) Better to have the boy than the girls at this age, though. I see girls this age around the neighborhood throwing themselves at the boys, and I'm trying to teach my daughters already that this is not appropriate behavior! I always wonder if the boys like it or if it gets on their nerves.

Smart is good.

katydidnot said...

that's totally true. girls do always like the smartest boys.

Very Mary said...

And you know, a crush IS like a love disease. This is exactly what I have been trying to tell Very David for years. Because Very Mary and shoes? LOVE DISEASE.

Anonymous said...

I bought this book for Sonny Boy!

Trooper Thorn said...

Just wait until all those girls think Alec is really nice, but they wouldn't want to risk ruining their friendship by going 'out'. Then they date an older boy who never calls and drives a Bronco.

Louise said...

I'm staying with parents of teenagers at the moment. They are very good girls, but I have to say that since mine are only 4 and 7, this teenage stuff scares the hell out of me more than I ever realized.

And I'm caught up!