Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Neverrrrrrrr......

Yahoo caught my eye with a link to this couple who dress alike.

Even their Crocs match. Croc Attack!



Living in a tourist town, I can't tell you how many times we've seen "dressed alike" couples and I've sworn NEVER to wear the same clothes as my husband, at the same time. I do admit to having "acquired" 2 of his Hawaiian shirts that somehow got too small. Shrinkage, you know. But he's not wearing them anymore.

I freak out am occasionally bothered if we wear the same colors. But you can't avoid red at Christmas. So now I'm going off into my usual tangent.

This was last year's Christmas Party Dress. It was red satin, with a black mesh overlay. Yes, I was OK with him wearing a red shirt because it worked. It coordinated, but was not matchy-matchy. Wow, make-up gives me eyebrows. Note to self: Must remember makeup! And a push-up bra, because The Girls are 48 years old and they need a little more help. It's OK to ask for help. Note to child photographer: don't stand on chair because it makes Daddy's head glow.
This year's dress will also be red/black, but polka-dotty. I'm safe from matchyness because he would not wear dots!!!! He can wear the red shirt again. By the way: I bought this dress last year on sale! It's been in the closet for ever.


Here's my chunky ruby-like necklace, from a local crafts fair. Yes, my closet does resemble a log cabin.


You know I like Coldwater Creek. And here are the cheap Tar-jhay shoes I bought months ago. They were just waiting for the right moment. They have more danceable soles than the adorable black shoes I wore last year. Not that my husband will dance, unless his friends shame him into it again. Shame away, friends!

As always, I may be somewhat [cough] overweight, but with these shoes (and the right bra)? Totally HAWT. Green beans hawt. Party day is December 13th.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will look smokin' hawt!
Have a great time!!

I don't like matchy-matchy either and would never do it.

barbra said...

I too am embarrassed when I discover that my husband and I have dressed in matching colors.

Both in red at a Christmas party is perfectly acceptable!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you are going to look FABULOUS!!! I can't wait to see photos.

Pete and I never dress alike. Never ever ever ever ever.

Louise said...

Yes, HAWT! I hope for a full-body picture that shows the combination of dress and shoes. The shoes... well, they are wonderful.

I don't like MATCHING, but I do like coordinating.

Courtney said...

Hello, I saw your post on Very Mary's blog and checked out your blog.

I knew a couple at college that started their relationship by dressing alike EVERYDAY. She even had several shirts made that said "Josh & Jamie 4ever" and other sickening sweet sayings after they had only been dating for a couple of months. It was very barf inducing.

P.S.-You guys look so cute!!

Vanessa said...

Can I just tell you again how much I love those shoes? I'm hoping we get updated pictures too from the party.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have a big party December 13 also, but I still have to shop. I hope I have as good of luck as you have!