Monday, December 22, 2008

White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies

A teacher (Thank you Mrs. D) made these and they are delish. She kindly included the recipe with the cute christmassy chinese container of cookies. (They were actually for my teacher but she SHARED and let me take the recipe too!)

Except, I am not a white chocolate aficionado (and boy did I work to phrase that so I wouldn't get hit by nasty searchers)...so if I made them myself, I would use the real thing. Because to me, white chocolate isn't chocolate. But these were still yummilicious.

White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies

1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1 egg
1 T brandy (or rum, Grand Marnier, or other liqueur)
1 1.2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
3/4 c. white chocolate chips
1 c. dried cranberries

Preheate oven to 375 F (190 C). Grease cookie sheets.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and brandy. Combine the flour and baking soda. Stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips and cranberries. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven. For best results, take them out while they are still doughy. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before transferring them to wire racks to cook completely.

Makes 24.

Oh...ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog. It is cookie baking time at my house too.

Louise said...

Yummy! I have a similar recipe that is OH SO GOOD, and like to add slivered almonds.