Friday, March 13, 2009

The Cost of Living, or is it Friday the 13th Already?

Strangely, our family maintenance costs have been really high this month. And it's only the 13th. Friday the 13th. Ba-ba-ba. Cha-cha-cha. (You know that soundtrack.)***

Every one of us, including the CATfor goodness sakes, has been to the dentist at least once this month. The HH goes back on the 20th for a crown or two. I go back in April (yay, I don't have to add it to March's bills) for the last 1/4 of my major mouth rework. Both boys had cleanings. Floss, dammit! I told them the cat had to have 3 teeth pulled because she didn't floss. (Even monkeys can floss.)

The cat: $223.75 for her exam + bloodwork, and $387.88 for the dentistry. ($611.63, added the old-fashioned way with pen and paper because it was faster than finding a calculator.) For the cat. Because she's 17 and a half and we love her.

And then there was the car: $256.32 for routine maintenance, and then unexpectedly $1303.95 for an incident with a box spring on the freeway. I've been "told" to call the insurance company about that one, but since the youngest driver was driving I'm not too sure about that. I'd rather they didn't know. Please don't tell!

***Ooooh, I've been corrected by YouTube. Look for the little info box that pops up:



So I think I'm going to have a really good Friday the 13th today because I'm not really superstitious. And because all this already happened.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief, you have had an expensive month. I hope that it gets better from here on out.

jenn said...

Man, that's rough! Let's hope the second half of the month is anticlimactic.

Anonymous said...

Oh yuck, those bills.

Yeah, hubby and I realized recently that our monthly income is less than our monthly bills....not good.