Monday, August 03, 2009

Language of the Fan


In my continuing adventures around Santa Barbara while Ernest is at the Zoo...I discovered something that will be useful for women dressing for the Fiesta this weekend.


I bring you the Language of the Fan, from the de la Guerra Adobe.


In case the picture is poor, I will transcribe:

With handle to lip - KISS ME
Carrying in the right hand in front of face - FOLLOW ME
Carrying in left hand - DESIROUS OF ACQUAINTANCE
Placing it on left ear - YOU HAVE CHANGED
Twirling in left hand - I WISH TO GET RID OF YOU
Drawing across forehead - WE ARE WATCHED
Carrying in right hand - YOU ARE TOO WILLING
Drawing across cheek - I LOVE YOU
Drawing through hand - I HATE YOU
Twirling in right hand - I LOVE ANOTHER
Closing it - I WISH TO SPEAK TO YOU
Drawing across eyes - I AM SORRY
Letting it rest on right cheek - YES
Letting it rest on left cheek - NO
Open and shut - YOU ARE CRUEL
Dropping - WE ARE FRIENDS
Fanning slowly - I AM MARRIED
Fanning fast - I AM ENGAGED
Open wide - WAIT FOR ME

Who knew? So ladies, be careful of your fan language this weekend.

Love, your Smalltown correspondent...


2 comments:

jenn said...

Fascinating! I love the idea of this.

Jen on the Edge said...

Very helpful information!