Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Today's Adventure

Today was the first day of Fiesta, so in addition to visiting the Santa Barbara Historical Museum I had to hit De la Guerra Plaza for some food and flamenco. One troupe of small girls was dancing with fans. What does slapping the fan on your hip mean? That wasn't listed on the fan language! Then I went to the beach and sat under a palm tree. I lead a hard life, waiting for around for Ernest!

Meanwhile, back at the Zoo, Ernest got a prize assignment: Loosen up the dirt in the tortoise habitat, so they can put in sod. He says the dirt was very compacted and he had to keep moving the tortoises out of the way. I wish I had a picture of that!


The Radiated Tortoise

1 comment:

Pretty Things said...

I LOVE that tortoise! I've promised Zack a turtle (never MIND that we were supposed to get it at the START of summer) so eventually... eventually.