- 6th grade - Yosemite in winter. Snow! I know many of you are sick of snow right now, but that was his first time in the snow and it was so exciting.
- 7th grade - Band trip to Great America.
- 8th grade - Mexico with his Spanish class. That's when he came back with this hairdo:
Ernest has not been so lucky with his middle school trips.
- 6th grade - Yosemite trip cancelled permanently because too many chaperones slipped and broke bones the year before. They went to Hollywood instead. It doesn't quite compare.
- 7th grade - no band trip because the current band teacher doesn't do that.
- 8th grade - no Spanish trip because there is no Spanish class any more. No Washington D.C. trip either because no one wanted to plan it.
However, the school administration came through and planned a trip to Catalina for the 8th graders. Ernest and classmates went last week and had a great time -- there was snorkeling and kayaking and a lot more. Only, he DIDN'T TAKE A CAMERA! Sigh.