Friday, June 18, 2010

Time's Flying By

This first bit of vacation went fast! While I confess to spending far to much time on the computer, my sons were equally guilty.

Frank started a summer class in the morning, so that cuts down on the time he can waste. Comparative Geography. He now knows all the countries in South America.

Ernest will be comparing geography for real in a couple weeks, traveling to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. In between driving him to the zoo and completing all the school paperwork for the fall, we are trying to get things together for Ernest's trip...

In addition to all the shots he's already had, he's got anti-malaria pills to take with him too.
And to keep the skeeters away in the first place, bug repellent. And then there is always the issue of appropriate footwear.

"Sweetie, I don't think you can really hike in your Converse," therefore hiking shoes were a must. He hates buying shoes. I dragged him into Sports Authority this afternoon. Why are all the hiking shoes brown? Brown is not his color. I dug through the boxes on the shelves and found one pair of black shoes he could tolerate. OMG, size 11.5! This child! Keeps Growing!

Speaking of keeping growing, it's really hard to find long skinny pants. The group requires khaki pants as part of their uniform, so I got them unhemmed from Dickies. Turns out he is a 29/34. So I have 3 pairs of pants to hem. I guess that's my next creative project.

6 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Anti-malaria pills -- I remember those! When I was a kid I spent three months in Colombia, South America. He's a lucky kid!

Lisa Paul said...

And here I've been moaning about my summer class in HTML programming. At least I didn't have to take Malaria pills for my summer education! But he'll have the time of his life. What an adventure.

Jen on the Edge said...

It sounds like it's going to be a great trip!

Glennis said...

Wow, what a great trip he's looking forward to. Tell him to take lots of photos!

jenn said...

I've always wanted to see the Galapagos Islands. Tell him to take lots of pictures!

Daisy said...

29/34? Wow! He's a tall and thin guy. Maybe he needs to learn to hem pants himself! But seriously, he will be making memories. I hope he comes home with all kinds of stories!