Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Is There a Laundry Goddess Out There?

Because I need help!

I have an adorable white sweater which inexplicably became discolored on the lower arms after I washed it. Well, not inexplicably. It appears to have had a reaction wherever my skin touched it -- a reaction to sunscreen? It's 80% cotton, 20% nylon. I know you can't use regular bleach on nylon.

I've tried Clorox 2, Woolite, borax, and am headed to the store for some Oxyclean next. If that fails, lemon juice and sunlight.

Any other suggestions?

5 comments:

Jill said...

I'd go for Oxyclean (though I do not consider myself a laundry godess BTW.) There's a great Oxyclean spray that works wonders. Good luck!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I use Simple Green for all my laundry stains, but that sounds like a toughie. When you use it on whites like yours you do need to spray and then get it in the washer fairly quickly. Good luck!

Jen on the Edge said...

Depending on where you got it -- such as Lands' End or LL Bean -- you might try calling the company/store and asking for their advice.

Glennis said...

Um....dye it another color?

Susan said...

Oh, I had forgotten about Simple Green. But I agree about washing right after you treat. Hope the Oxy works. I have had good luck with that.