Friday, March 25, 2011

Actual School E-Mail

I received this e-mail yesterday morning. Names changed for privacy.

From: Hogwarts
Date: Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:22 AM
To: Smalltown Mom
Subject: "Snow Day" Declared, Day Student Pickup at Noon

Dear Smalltown Mom,

Due to a freak blizzard that seems to be centered only over the Hogwarts campus, school officials called for a “snow day” beginning this morning at 8:20 am. “Classes and athletic practices have been cancelled for the day,” said Associate Head of School for Internal Affairs Minerva McGonagall. “Students, faculty and staff are free to pursue a day of rest and recreation.” Day students can enjoy organized activities during the morning and may leave campus at noon.

Seriously! (For those of you who don't know where I live, let me just say THERE'S NO SNOW!) I guess the admin decided everyone needed a day off. Then Ernest called me at 8:30.

We're having a snow day. Can you bring my computer?
Why, do you need to do classwork on it?
No, just to play on.
Sorry, that would make me late for work. You're just lucky that I'm getting off work at noon today instead of 1:30. See you!

1 comment:

barbra said...

We used to have this event at the private school where I teach. It was called "All School Day." We would arrive at school to find out that there were no classes! (Teachers did get a heads-up for planning purposes.)
Now, we still have All School Day, but because we have a rotating schedule, it's no longer a surprise.
It's a great community-building event.