Friday, November 04, 2011

Socks and Shoes

There's a nip in the morning air now. I find I have to put on socks in the morning, although I end up taking them off and going back to sandals in the afternoon.

For the longest time I wore white socks. I confess, they were hand-me-downs that my sons had outgrown. Sad but thrifty. But then a sock store opened in town. And they have the most irresistibly cute socks...



But it was so cold and windy yesterday, I had to resort to wearing real shoes.


Which was good timing, because my beloved leopard slides have come undone. (Thanks to Jen, I now realize it is more like cheetah but it says leopard on the box and I've called them leopard for so long now I just can't stop.) I tried mending them once but my knot came untied. I guess I'll try to fix them again.




Although they are not the best shoes for today's weather -- a whole 1/8" of rain. Whoopee!


What are your tootsies wearing today?

3 comments:

Lala said...

I know it's hard to believe, me living in Minnesota and all, but I actually wore sandals WITHOUT socks earlier this week. Today however, the temp has plummeted to about 40ish, and while we still haven't gotten snow yet, the wind is wicked cold. My tootsies today are all snug in my faux fur lined boots!

Jen on the Edge said...

My tootsies wore black Frye Harness 12R boots today. They are oh-so comfortable, plus I feel like I'm 7 feet tall when I wear them.

Anonymous said...

My 19yo has been going barefoot for a very long time. We won't discuss the morning temperature of 24 degrees because my feet are warm in SmartWool and slippers!