Thursday, February 09, 2012

My Buddy

My buddy, my buddy, nobody quite so true...
--Gus Kahn/Walter Donaldson

Homer has not been letting me out of his sight squint presence the past few days.

On my chair...



On my lap...


On my box...no wait a minute, that's an original Gary Rith cartoon!!!



On my table...  right next to my brand new Gary Rith bowl.    Had it been breakfast cereal with milk, he would have been on my bowl.  Or in it.  But Homer is not interested in the remains of marinated cucumber salad.


I think I need that cat tea set.  It can have the position of honor in the Online Gallery of American Vernacular Cat Art.

On my book...


Who's your buddy and what's he or she doing right now?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Standing outside giving me "begging eyes" because he's waiting to be fed.

smartcat said...

Just found you via Gary......Homer looks like a great guy.

Glennis said...

Awww....our dog Jack has been enjoying our new rug.

T.J. said...

your cat sounds like my toddler ;) Does Homer call you his "best friend" too?! have a great weekend.

Lifeofkaylen said...

My Ginger has been following me wherever I go lately! The other day, every time I would sit down, she would stand in the opposite side of the room and cry. I'm not sure what she was trying to say, but it was very important to her!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

You have a new Gary kitty bowl!!!

My Cleopatra has been getting between me & the laptop. So much for keeping my feet elevated...

Jen on the Edge said...

My buddy is my husband and right now he's listening to a silly sports podcast. And by "silly" I mean it's a regular podcast where the sports guys are taking themselves WAY too seriously, so it all sounds silly to me.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My daughter's been my buddy lately--and she's showering right now.

Jodi Anderson said...

He is so cool and so laid back and so obviously in love with you. Man, he's awesome. :)

My Kin slept next to me all night and purred all morning until I got up. She's watching birds at the feeder right now. xo

Janet said...

My buddy is probably sleeping at home right now...unsuspecting of the vet visit tonight!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

HAHA awesome kitty, awesome that you posted my bowl and package =^..^=

Anonymous said...

http://imgur.com/a/E9hHx

I saw pictures of Homer and at first thought they were pictures of Chelsea... they're very alike :)