Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Ravioli Experience

Kate had a great post on saying yes the other day.

I've always been the "sure, why not" kind of mom and I've hosted the rocketry experiments and the water balloon fights to prove it.

So when Ernest wanted to learn to make ravioli I didn't bat an eye. "From scratch or with pre-made wrappers?" I asked. Knowing Ernest as you do, what do you think he chose?


Make a well with the flour.  Put the eggs and water into the well.  "That's how we made cement in Guatemala, Mom."  OK, that caused a few blinks!



I think the dough could have doubled for cement.  Ernest manfully rolled it out and made some ravioli which were not beautiful, but tasted delicious.


We had way more filling than we needed, so I used the backup plan to make another batch.  I ALWAYS have a backup plan!




7 comments:

Jodi Anderson said...

Good for you! I've always wanted to try making my own pasta, but I haven't tried it yet. (I originally typed, "I haven't tried it yes", so I guess, yes, I'd better try!)

Yum. xo

Mrs. G. said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Let me think here... Mrs. G. is road-tripping to CA in September... you live in CA... you have homemade ravioli at your house...HmmmmMMMMMMM....

Gary's third pottery blog said...

holy CATS!?!

Anonymous said...

Day-um. I am in awe.

Jen on the Edge said...

YUM.

Glennis said...

Well, I'm impressed! I've never made pasta.

And he just rolled it out with a rolling pin?