Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Comparing Children to Cats

Unless you have a cat-cam, you never know what mischief your cat gets into when he goes outside. My husband's been quoting to me from this very interesting article.

Of course Homer fits the house cat profile of sleeping or sitting 80% of the time.  We have occasionally seen him in the neighbor's front yard but I don't think he ranges farther from his food dish than that.  This may be the most exciting of his activities, prowling around the bird bath.


The free-range child, on the other hand...  Once again, all I can say is thank goodness for Facebook.  That's him, one of those guys on top of that rock.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will NOT show my free range children photos of your free range children and give them bad ideas...

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Impressive rock! My 12yo nephew is quite the adventurer: out-of-bounds skiing and rock climbing. It's definitely easier to be his aunt.

Cleopatra used to free range herself into a neighbor's yard. Neighbor had a dog that would have eaten her if given the opportunity. We had several close calls.

cookingwithgas said...

that is a wonderful rock! How did they get there? Oh, yeah, youth....

Cassi said...

Free range is great for kids!

We have a free range kid and cat --at this point, their range is similar, the five acres we live on. And we have four bird baths! And the cat wears a loud bell :-)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You know how I feel about your photo if you've seen the one on my blog this week. Yes!