Saturday, January 05, 2013

Gone baby gone

My tree was down by the 3rd and that was the earliest I've ever had to undecorate. I was not a happy camper about it. But the husband was antsy to get the tree out before the city's tree burn.

He decided to be helpful and took it upon himself to take apart my beautiful little recession tree. Aaargh! He pays little attention to things I do and says he did not realize I've stored it intact every year.

Knowing how obsessive and compulsive I am about organizing and packing my Christmas decorations, why would he even think it would be all right? I do not ever mess with any of his garage projects, not like he's done anything recently.

Well he offered to put it back together but it wouldn't be the same. It's ruined for me.

Crappy New Year. I'm going to go sulk for a while. And then I'm going to buy something on etsy to make me feel better. Retail therapy. I need some (many) vintage pink glass ornaments, because I have something big and sparkly planned for next year.

8 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It is crazy how the things they don't notice. I could not even believe it when my husband brought frozen green beans for Thanksgiving. I have never cooked a frozen green bean in my life.

Cassi said...

Emma and I always joke when we do something major to our hair (change the color, cut off 5 inches) about whether Rob will even notice. He never does. It's weird, really.

Sorry about your tree.

jenn said...

Ugh, so true. My husband recently began "reorganizing the kitchen cupboards so they make sense." He who does maybe 3% of the cooking. I nearly eviscerated him.

Glennis said...

I love your snowman.

My husband and I had a little spat when he went to retrieve both our coats from a restaurant coat-rack and returned saying he couldn't recognize which one was my coat. He couldn't recognize the coat I'd been wearing for three months while walking alongside him?

Well, fine, but what he got pissy about was that apparently I gave gave him a "look" when I went back to get it myself. This is a man who asks me routinely to put his wallet, his phone, his scarf in my purse for safekeeping, or hold his hat while he puts his coat on. My "look" was the great offense, not the fact that he somehow couldn't identify my coast.

Sigh. But we made up, afterwards.

Anonymous said...

I swear, men can be so blind. and senseless.
Pink and sparkly sounds real good!

Jen on the Edge said...

I had our tree down by noon on the 26th.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

And you say you didn't kill him?


My tree is still up (sorry!) because it is artificial... and because I haven't gotten up the ooomph to take it down... and because no one has offered to bring in boxes from the garage so I can put away the ornaments. I'd probably bite my dh's head off (Call me Ozzy) if he attempted to put away the rnaments.

Susan said...

I am still angry about having to do all the heavy lifting this year despite recent surgery - but I would be even more mad if my husband took it upon himself to dismantle things!