Monday, January 21, 2013

I Get the Hint, Homer

Homer was quite disgusted with his meal the other day. Francine was too. They have gotten used to tidbits in gravy and plain old pâté just wasn't cutting it. It's bad enough they were served it for the morning meal, but the indignity of getting it again at dinner was just too much.

"If I sit right here she is sure to notice my disapproval."


"Even the the kibble is sub par today.  I can't possibly eat those broken little nubs.  I must have complete Xs."

(Francine will take one kibble out of her own dish, crunch it into nubs, and eat them all before starting on a new kibble.  But I will not inflict Homer's leftover nubs on her.)


"Maybe if I just ignore the dreaded pâté, it will go away."



"But I really need to drop her a hint about the kibble."  So he opened the cupboard door for me.


(Oh Jen, now I have to clean the toe kick.)

6 comments:

Jenny Hart Boren said...

My life got markedly easier when I finally weaned the cats off wet food and all the cat-drama it creates. I cut down gradually and then I just stopped. Pretty soon they forgot all about it! My best friend is a vet and she assured me that good dry food (not from the grocery store, unfortunately) supplies everything they need and that wet food is more about OUR need for variety than theirs. Maybe 2013 is your year (but if your cats ask, you didn't hear it from ME!)

PS Tiny kibble (we all like Blue Buffalo) also eliminates the bitten-in-half nubs! Problem solved.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Cleopatra likes her Xs, too. My boys cannot seem to understand that crumbs are unacceptable.

Luckily, we do not have canned food issues here (none available!) and the food is kept in the laundry room. When our in-house queen leads us there, it is either to show her displeasure over her toilet facilities or to point out that she knows there is food available and get-with-the-program-and-feed-me-before-I-order-you-to-the-Tower!

I won't notice your toe kick if you don't notice mine...

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

However, Cleopatra does insist that her dishes belong on a placemat! (On the floor, but still...)

Anonymous said...

What I need is a cat who eats mice...darn it do I miss our old cat!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

bleg, I know, blegh, ick, uck!

Angie McCullagh said...

Oh, I loves your kitties! So cute!