Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Shaming

There has been a lot of shaming going around. I swore I wasn't going to take part, but now even friends are doing it to their cats...

If I were to do the cat shaming, you'd think Homer would be the culprit, wouldn't you? With his messy litterbox habits, his voracious appetite, his shedding of fluffy white fur.  Oh I just can't expose my darling to the ridicule.

The perfect Francine on the other hand, did a spectacular boo-boo on Monday. I don't have a picture of her with a note, but here is the actual issue:


How can such a lightweight cat knock over the litterbox?

And now having shamed the perfect cat, I shall shame the perfect child, again with the actual object of the shame rather than a note:


Ernest's unwashed laundry.

It's bigger than it looks in the basket.  I think it's going to be at least 5 loads, maybe 6 as the cycling garments must be washed separately in cold water and gentle cycle.  Ernest promised he would do laundry during vacation.  Just as he promised he would finish cleaning his room and a variety of other things that haven't been done.  He did wash and wax his car, which made his father happy.  Making the mother happy is a much lower priority, it seems.

The mother's going to do the laundry now.

What's shameful in your household?


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Legos...EVERYWHERE. And Mr. B's clothes EVERYWHERE. And Mr. D's whole side of our bedroom. And the toothpaste globs in the upstairs bathroom. ICK.

Cassi said...

The state of our mudroom especially near the litterbox. How does litter get tracked everywhere, even where the cat never steps, like under a metal shoe rack?!

Gwen can't tip her litterbox because we don't empty it enough --all those clumps of pee weigh the Earth!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Christmas decorations (yes, STILL)...
Dirty clothes on the floor of my kids' rooms DESPITE being reminded/nagged/told to pick them up and deposit them into the laundry room hampers (of which I speak at least twice a day)...
My own overflowing piles of stuff...

Are you sure you can't blame Ernest for the litter box, too? ;)

Jenny Hart Boren said...

Lillie's room! She has it decorated SO cute--when it's clean it looks perfectly charming--but alas, she is a pig. Her bathroom (the hall bath) would be disgusting if I ignored it, but I can't so I clean it. The coffee table overflows with her items, and her various projects (crafts, crocheting, books) are everywhere.

Lil professes to like it clean, and would eventually mop or vacuum or tidy, I'm sure; but my tolerance for squalor is so much lower that I just do it myself.
(My apologies to any clean men out there, but she is as messy as a band of bachelors!)

Here's the thing--while she lived in Chicago, my house was neat and clean AND LONELY. (She came back to finish school.) So yes, it's a constant struggle to find a peaceful balance but I know that someday soon I'll be here alone again, blaming the mess on the cats.

(PS: Say! You've given me an idea for a kitten-shaming post. But first I have to clean the litterboxes.)

Janet said...

laundry, untidy closets, at least the halogen light rack in the kitchen is free of grease and caught bugs now!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

6 loads....... and well, cat litter: what goes on in there should stay there!

Glennis said...

Um...make him do his own laundry!

Our son was a total slob, but he was responsible for his own laundry after he turned 16. It was up to him whether he wore clean or dirty clothes.

I visited his dorm room at college and was appalled, but now I've visited his room in the apartment he now has 2 years later, and he has straightened it up a great deal.