Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Time Warp Tuesday: The Bad Ady Files

If the dolls made you nervous last week, watch out!

Here are the first few in a series of letters, either from my aunt or the dolls. These clearly illustrate the mischievous character Bad Ady displayed.



Cast of Characters:

Aunt Karky: my aunt
Janie Walker: the beleaguered, put-upon girl-sized doll
Bad Ady: herself
Blackie: young male cat, black of course
Hunter: young male cat, grey
Georgie: one of Karky's real brothers
Baby Georgie: a small plastic baby doll, a milquetoast character
Jingle Bells: a stick horse
Sister Rose: the one-eyed grey tabby cat matriarch

This is a dead ringer for Jingle Bells:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow was Ady a busy and BAD doll!
"Supper of oats"--that's such an old-fashioned sounding phrase, isn't it?

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Aunt Karky was amazing!

I love that you have these letters, books, and dolls. They make the stories and pictures come alive!

(Not in a Chuckie kind of way, though. Yet...)

Jen said...

I have to admit - old dolls kind of creep me out! My mom had one with a porcelain face, that sat on her bed for a while, and as a kid I swore that thing was watching me! I love the letters, though. :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

and such a cute effort it was too!

T.J. said...

Bear's aunt writes him letters, but nothing like this. WOW! what an imagination for all involved- I adore that you posted them!!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Just wonderful.