Saturday, June 22, 2013

Nothin' Like a Dame

There is nothin' like a dame,
Nothin' in the world,
There is nothin' you can name
That is anythin' like a dame!

We were so lucky to see both Dame Judi Dench and Dame Helen Mirren live on stage during our trip to London. I was chatting with a few other ladies on the trip and we were slightly bemoaning that we weren't seeing Maggie Smith, because wouldn't that have been a trifecta?

Seeing the queen certainly made up for that!








We also saw One Man, Two Guvnors.   Hilarious!




And at the Globe Theater, The Tempest with Colin Morgan (Merlin) as Ariel.  You can see hoodies and plastic ponchos on the groundlings.  Yes, they did get a little wet.



5 comments:

Cassi said...

I'm jealous! Have you see the movie "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"? We watched that recently and so enjoyed it.

Glennis said...

Oh, nice!! I love those magnificent London theatres. And the Globe is always awesome.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That looks like an incredible experience.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Such beautiful venues! I was at an older theatre in town here last night. I really must remember to bring my camera next time!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I'm jealous too! Love the Dames. I want to be Maggie Smith or Judi Dench when I grow up.