Monday, August 05, 2013

One Bad Apple

Handy had an unpleasant surprise in his lunch the other day.  He says it was like a fruit gusher only disgusting.


I keep telling him it's not a good time for red apples, is there some other apple he would like?  Finally I get an answer...anything but green (I guess Granny Smiths are too tart).  I found some local organic galas that were small but good.  I'll surprise him with something else this week.  Our own tree is in sad shape and only has 3 unripe apples this year.

He says an apple after his lunch is like a natural toothbrush.



This provides me with the opportunity to give you a good bad apple.


Oh, little Donny.

4 comments:

Cassi said...

Wow. I always cut my apples before I eat them, and I think I'll continue that.

I used to dance to Donny's 45s 40 years ago. Kind of a scary thought :-)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I like to take an apple to work with me, but since I never have time to eat it all at once, I cut it into sections and put it in Tupperware.
Your post has solidified that action. (Thank you, I think...)

Glennis said...

Ick! I'm with Cassi Renee and Karen, too!

As I get older, I'm less inclined to chomp into an apple, and more inclined to delicately nibble slices!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Oh..my...god...the Osmonds! The hair. The teeth. The wholesome goodness. The falsetto! Ah, the 70s...