Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Time Warp Tuesday: Pies

I am cooking for just three people this Thanksgiving, so we are discussing the quantity of pie we need.  I feel that we're still going to make two, pumpkin and apple, and just have lots of leftovers.  I am a big fan of pie for breakfast!

I came across some pictures from Thanksgiving 2004 with my pie men.

At age 14, Frank was already a pie expert.


We must have been cooking for a crowd.  That looks like the basis for 2 pumpkin pies right there.


Even Ernest, at age 8, made an itty bitty pie.




Did anyone notice something odd on the counter?  Something unusual?  Answer tomorrow.

And please join Jenn and Susan for their time warps.

7 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

did heather send you the pie recipe??? If not I will send to you.
M

Anonymous said...

You can never have too much pie. Ever. Good plan.

Susan said...

The coconut or the Halloween candy?

We are going out for dinner this year so I will miss making a pie - or maybe I'll make one anyway...My mom always had pie for breakfast when we had any leftover!

Glennis said...

You are blessed with a couple of great cooks!

SUEB0B said...

I'm impressed by the boys' culinary skills! Happy Thanksgiving.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I am so glad you are the mother of baking boys--they're the best!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

My youngest made his first pie a few weeks ago. Dad was in the middle of cooking down the pumpkin to fill the crust, had to leave the house and the 14yo took over. He's a boy after your own heart. :)