Saturday, March 08, 2014

Things

Things keep happening. But since I haven't blogged about other things that precipitated them, I can't blog about the subsequent things.

I have to break up the logjam! So let me just get these things out there!
  • My dad passed away in January. It was not unexpected, but happened more suddenly than anticipated.
  • My lovely M-I-L had a major stroke in February.
  • As a result, we now have a third cat. Thank goodness we did not have to take her poodle, too.
  • Yet again, our main credit card has been compromised.  I'm grateful that my credit card company is always alert about that stuff.
  • Oh, and the plumbing backed up this morning.
OK.  I'm all caught up now.

Now I can talk about the new kitty! (What, you thought I would talk about something else?) I don't think M-I-L would want her kitty's name all over the internet so for the sake of the blog, I shall call her Tiny. She does have a tiny body and a tiny meow, but her curiosity is gigantic! Homer and Francine are tolerating her pretty well. It's only been 10 days or so. All the cats were poked and prodded by the vet today. We have the nicest vet with a mobile service. I am ever so grateful that they come to our house, especially now with three!

Tiny is very talented.  Look how she made a heart out of yarn!

11 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

That IS a talented cat, and Tiny is much less scary-looking than the cats on Karen's post today at Spokalulu.

I am sorry to hear about your father. I know from experience now that even when it's expected, it can still be a blow.

Jenny Hart Boren said...

I'm very sorry to read about your dad--no, ^^ it is never easy. Been there. Here we are at that age, aren't we? Hustling to get to the front of the line…

I'm sure it puts your MIL's heart at ease to know you've welcomed her kitty, and glad to know your cats are allowing Tiny into the club. And to think she wrote you a love note!

And my wretched pipes need a visit from the plumber, too! As they say--it's always something.

Suburban Correspondent said...

I hear you on your dad. Even when you expect it, it ends up being unexpected, you know?

And you are worried about the privacy of your MIL's cat? Really?

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I'm sorry for both your loss and your MIL's stroke. Very rough.

The kitty is pretty adorable :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Oh man, all that and the plumbing too????

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

You've truly had one thing after another. {{hugs}} This sandwich generation stuff is for the birds.

I'm confused as to why Tiny's real name can't be given out. Is it that unusual? She looks to be about the size of my Cleopatra (although Cleo never made a heart out of yarn).

How bad is the plumbing? As awful as Aunt Snow's sh!t geyser? (Please say no!)

cookingwithgas said...

Life tosses balls of many at us. Some days you just have to give in to them. Other days you need a good cat that brings unexpected love.

Cassi said...

Wow, that's a bunch of difficulty in a short span on time. I'm glad it included a welcome kitty, though :-)

Jen on the Edge said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear all the bad news. My deepest sympathies to you all.

Anonymous said...

That is a LOT to swallow in just a couple of months--I am sorry to hear all of this sadness has happened to you. Hugs.
That is a sweet little cat--and clever, too.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I'm just getting caught up on blog reading. So sorry about your dad. Tiny looks like a great addition to the family!