Monday, April 21, 2014

One Thing Leads to Another

The original purpose of this post was to show Homer on sentry duty, waiting patiently for his dinner.


But then I noticed how absolutely disgusting my kick plates were. Truthfully, I don't look down there all that much. They really should have been made of black material. When Handy built them, he only had white melamine.  When he built the bathroom cabinets, I made sure he got some black!

So I spent much of my day lying on my back on the floor scrubbing the kick plates.  And then I scrubbed the floor, because a couple days ago we had given Homer some medicine and instead of swallowing, he ran through the house dribbling white spots all over the floor. And now I think I'll go scrub myself, because house cleaning is a dirty sweaty workout.

So how was your day?

8 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

I make it a practice never to look at stuff like that in my house.

That is a fine-looking patient cat.

My day had a lot of good things in it - warm weather, a little exercise, a little paid work, cooking steak and roasted vegetables, and remembering to put gas in the car. But I didn't clean anything.

Glennis said...

I realize that once I notice something like that, I see it everywhere!

Homer looks happy, though.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH GOD the gunk, the mess...everywhere...smarter to take off my glasses or keep the lighting dark ;)

Jen on the Edge said...

That's pretty much how most of my cleaning projects start too.

Anonymous said...

I thought that only happened to me!
And how is it that floor-related scrubbing always makes you sweat more than any other job?

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I am ignoring the cleaning part of this post (because my house is a mess right now) and concentrating not hat handsome, handsome cat!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Kickplates are one of those things you try to ignore until you can't! I was doing light switches today. Why does I always pick the hottest days to get serious about cleaning?!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

This is why I don't look too closely at my own house.
Oh, look at handsome Homer!
*See how it works? ;)