Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Road Trip: The Silence

I started to worry a bit when Handy didn't check in with me the second night. But I figured they got to the campsite late. Then I did get a text from Ernest confirming that. Nothing the next morning. Handy didn't respond to my cute cat picture messages, either!  Well, that bothered me. So I called and his phone was not answering. I broke down and called Ernest. Funny thing his phone was working just fine!  Handy said he hadn't had any signal throughout South Dakota but Ernest didn't have a problem. Android vs apple?  Then Ernest got the bright idea to restart Handy's phone and then it worked just fine. So I got one picture.


6 comments:

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

So much is fixed by turning it off and on again. I hear "off and on again" in Roy's or Moss's voice (IT Crowd).

Great photo! Worth the wait!

slow panic said...

great picture. they don't know how we count on these things!

Common Household Mom said...

I hate a silence when I'm at home and my loved ones are travelling. The 'silence' was particularly difficult when my son was at Boy Scout Jamboree.

Great photo of all those faces!

Jenny Hart Boren said...

Back when I first had a cell phone and tried to use it in a new time zone, of course I panicked and called the IT department who told me (very patiently) to turn it off and then on again. DERP! It suddenly "found itself" and worked like a charm after that (of course.)

I'm sure that valuable advice is buried on page 45 of the instruction booklet…

Gary's third pottery blog said...

dudes :)

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Is everyone visiting Mt. Rushmore this summer? My best friend was just there too and several more friends are on their way. I've always wanted to go. Sounds like a great trip.