Saturday, July 30, 2016

Bonnie Raitt


After a concert drought, when it rains, it pours. Two tickets for Bonnie Raitt literally fell in our laps.

I hadn't seen her live in years, so this was a real treat. 

We had dinner at a favorite Mexican seafood place. I have been eager to try the shrimp cocktail. (I did not have a picture, so I borrowed this from Sara K on yelp.) 



Mine looked more or less the same, but with a shrimp hanging over the side. It was like gazpacho full of shrimp. Very good, and enough for a full meal for me. Handy had an octopus cocktail and two tacos. I think he overdid. 

Then we hiked up the hill. The show was opened by Richard Thompson. I had heard of him for many years, but never heard him. Now I would like to hear more of him. 

Bonnie was just great, playing a mix of old and new. She finished the show just seconds before the 10 pm noise curfew. What a pro!

I didn't get a new best friend this time. My new seat mate arrived rather late. She did offer me a corner of her unnecessary seat padding but, not wanting to have lopsided hip alignment, I politely declined. Padding used to be helpful when the seats were metal benches, but now they are contoured plastic seats with backs and are actually comfortable. I didn't hear much more from her until the quiet songs, when she unfortunately decided to sing along. 

A few rows ahead of us, a hairy toothless weather-beaten man was trying to be a NBF to many folks, except the venue staffer. He was berating her because she told him he couldn't stand in a fire safety area to watch the show. 

Walking back to the car we were nearly in a walking accident when the group in front of us stopped short in the middle of the sidewalk to moon at the cow.  (Photo from kqed.org.)


2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

You lucky duck, what an awesome concert :)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Oh, I would LOVE to see Bonnie Raitt in concert! What a great evening you had.