Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Window

When I worked at the school, one of my personal delights was helping the kids with art projects. I miss that. I'm in a wistful mood lately, missing a lot of things. Happily, new things do appear: book store windows!

Our manager had the brilliant idea of doing a Very Hungry Caterpillar window, since the publisher had declared March to be Hungry Caterpillar Month and the store had somehow gotten a double order of books.

Here was opportunity! Bear in mind I am no Eric Carle. I am using my tried and true newspaper technique. (christmas) (valentine) (halloween) (valentine window)





Caterpillar begins to take shape. We can never get a good photo of the window in the day time so there you see my reflection and a nice view of the bike shop across the street.


I went back at night for the final photo. The general consensus is that Caterpillar is adorable. 


We decided to metamorphose him. 



But don't worry. Caterpillar miraculously survived the metamorphosis and got a new life, pointing the way to the restroom! The top of the book case got a good cleaning, so it's a win/win all around.


Well, that was fun!

2 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

So cute!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

You are SO creative! I love that the caterpillar has a new home in the book store.