Wednesday, November 14, 2018

After the Last Tuition Bill is Paid...

Finally something non-cat related.

It’s 4 years since we sent Ernest off to college. He’s in a five year program but skipped one co-op so he will finish in 4.5. I paid the last tuition bill for his final (fall) semester and boy does that make me happy.

So now I can get on the deferred maintenance for the house.

Paint for sure.



Landscaping, since there's nothing left in the yard since the last tree disaster.



Roofing? Yeah, there's not much left of the 1968 addition shingles.  We replaced the 1963 portion in the 90's but that is showing some wear, too.


Oh, the broken garage window.  That's only been about 7 years.



Handy Husband has decided he's not handy any more. I can't blame him for being tired of it all. But that means I have to find someone to do it. I keep thinking I could paint most of the house myself. But...but...but it's a huge job. I'd never finish.

We decided we'd start at the top down so Handy has been delegated to find a roofer.





2 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

This all looks rather expensive! Maybe I should be glad our last kid isn't headed off to college? (Once the roof is done, the trim up top isn't too difficult if you don't mind ladders -- just do some careful scraping and/or powerwashing before letting it dry and then paint it.)

Anonymous said...

I bet you'll love having everything spruced up and looking fresh. Are you going with a shingled roof or metal? We need to replace ours and everyone up here is going metal. I'm curious.