Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pink Saturday : Flamingo

I've spent a lot of time at the zoo while my son Ernest volunteered there for 3 summers, and got a paying job last summer! I can always get a good flamingo picture.



And here's a shout out to my favorite flamingo fan, Debbie!



Here are some flamingos at a local nursery.  Who needs a giant metal chicken when you can have giant metal flamingoes?




It's Pink Saturday - Beverly, at the blog "How Sweet the Sound" hosts Pink Saturday. Let the color pink inspire you.

5 comments:

SarahBeth said...

Flamingos are such gorgeous birds! I'm lovin' the giant metal ones! Wow!
Popping in from Pink Saturday!

LV said...

I enjoyed and liked all your different flamingos.

dkuroiwa said...

love...LOVE this whole page!!!! (even more so today!!)
pink AND flamingos.....perfection!!!
oh how i would love to have those huge, metal ones in my front yard!!!(i have 2 little ones and even though they are a little rusty, they are still just beautiful!!!)

*might i borrow that picture of the metal ones? please?? (^-^)

dkuroiwa said...

oh...and FYI....i think of you pretty much everyday as that sock-flamingo is now hanging on the door of the refrigerator.
i am guaranteed a smile every day.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I wonder if a big metal flamingo would have the same desired results as a big metal chicken? (That post makes me laugh. Every. Single. Time.)

Great photo from the zoo! My flamingo pics have never come out very well.