Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Road Trip: Sitting on the Dock of the Bay

Soundtrack music:  classic Otis Redding, or perhaps you would enjoy John Mayer, Sara Bareilles, or Pearl Jam.  Again, I draw the line somewhere.  This time at Michael Boulton.

Now am I going to go classic on you?  But how can I pass over my love of Eddie Vedder?  Sigh.  Well, this is a classic road trip, so classic would win out only I can't get one to play here.  So click on the artist of your choice.


An utterly glorious day.  

Makes me want to learn to kayak.  How hard is it, Jenn?

It was windy.

Have I mentioned I adore lighthouses?

And sea lions.

And the owner of this strange shoe.  This is the only picture I got of Ernest.  The foot couldn't duck.

I also adore flocks of pelicans.

This pelican was napping and missed the flock.

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... 
you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the f*ck do you think you're talking to?"
                                                                                                         -- Travis Bickle Seagull

Pretend...

this...

is a...

panorama.

Next, we'll be hitting the highway.

4 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Gorgeous all the way. When you make it back to San Diego, we will definitely kayak!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I'll take the Sara Bareilles, thanks. :) Your trip is definitely more colorful than mine!

Janet said...

ahhhh, I could smell the ocean just looking at those pictures! Kayaking isn't hard to do, just sit and paddle :)

Pretty Things said...

Come visit me -- we have kayaks! And it's easy as long as you don't have a short white water one.