Monday, April 15, 2013

Catching the Wind

It's a blustery but sunny day today.

Funny thing, it was the same last Monday.  I had returned from my restorative yoga class, where we lie around for an hour supported by blocks and balls and pillows and things, while our lovely and gracious instructor massages our necks and whispers sweet visualizations into our ears.

The visualization was "think of a time you had fun" and the sound of the wind reminded me that I dream of flying.  Not in a plane, but I often dream I can physically fly myself through the air.  Like swimming, but more upright.

Many of the fun times that ran through my head involve air and wind.  Ferris wheels, roller coasters, Segways, paragliding, glider rides.

Some of the music took me to an ancient temple, where I was the goddess of the winds.  The winds' fingers twined around me, massaging me and annointing me with the scents of their origins.  (This all reminds me of a Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale.)    For me, the west wind brought the salty ocean air, the north pines, the east hot desert, and the south chili and spice.

What will today's wind bring?

Catching the West Wind, 2009.

5 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

my GOODNESS what a beautiful ocean scene!

Anonymous said...

I always like the Chinook. That west warm wind that brought spring to Wyoming.

Glennis said...

Beautiful photo! It was windy today - the wind was coming off the ocean and whooshing through the streets of Santa Monica, and the waves were choppy!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Our winds on Monday were cold.
That's a great photo of you, and your description of the restorative yoga class makes me a bit envious and wanting to attend one, too!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

restorative yoga sounds amazing! my aching back says "yes, please!"