Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Daily Drive: Sunny Sunday

Ernest was gone for 4 days to a leadership conference.  We didn't want him to leave his car in the school parking lot that long, so we told him we'd drop it off on Sunday.  After we did so, we went out to lunch.

Grilled Octopus and Calimari with Beets.  Our favorite!  For quite a while, we would split one order and it was never enough.  Finally I had the bright idea to order two, and split a salad instead.  Brilliant.  I congratulate myself every time.


Then we walked around the even smaller town.  We saw a horseshoe tree


and a Michael Jackson shrine.


On the drive home, there were vineyards


and miniature horses.


The highlight of the day's drive, as far as my Handy Husband was concerned, was seeing this McLaren MP4-12C.


We had plants to put in the yard, but it was too darn hot.  Yes!  I know!  And it's only April!


Homer also had an eventful afternoon, bringing in a lizard's tail.  I have spared you the video which included the tail moving by itself and Homer actively pouncing on it.  Instead, you can enjoy this still photo which includes my poor carpet.  In addition to trying to change the color from black to white by stealthily depositing white fur all over it, Homer and Francine are also trying to modify it from low pile to shag with a vigorous daily application of claws.  Since I only paid $99 for a floor sample, I can live with it.


Hope you had a great weekend, too.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Yum looking food and happy looking cat!

Jenny Hart Boren said...

Lottie is a tail-remover, too. She would prefer to bring in the entire lizard (golden retriever style), but is also happy to just lie down on the darn reptile outside. By summer's end most of our local lizards have lost and regrown their tails several times. They never learn.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

88? yeah, we had 28 and snow yesterday.....but then again, you had lizard tails too!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

But... I want to see the video which included the tail moving by itself and Homer actively pouncing on it!

The photo of the horseshoe tree is a plus, but sadly the photo containing beets is turning my stomach. They are so pretty but I CANNOT be near them. :(

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Funny that just before clicking on this post, I rescued a lizard from my cat Henry. Fortunately, I got to this one with the tail intact.

Becky Brown said...

A lizard tail? I deal with dog tinkle all day, but it never occurred to me to be thankful that we don't have lizards and I don't have to deal with lizard tails in my house. So ... thanks?