Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday PhotoHunt: Yummy

Trying to avoid the tourist madhouse of my small town this weekend, we came up with an errand in Ventura and stopped for a YUMMY lunch at The Jolly Oyster


On the weekends there is a trailer selling raw clams and oysters, and a food truck with prepared delicacies, even a burger if you are crazy enough for that  

We shared a half dozen raw oysters, 


an equal number cooked Cajun style, 


and two fried oyster tacos. 


I neglected to take photos of round two, which was crab claws and scallop ceviche. 

Toss your oyster shells on the pile when you're done and make a wish. 

I wish for more yummy afternoons. 


Please join the yummy PhotoHunt.


6 comments:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Those are my FaVorIte! I can eat a silly amount of raw oysters (especially if someone else is shucking them)

YuMMy!

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

I wish we had a Jolly Oyster in So Cal!!!!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

That does look like a jolly way to spend the day. :)

Cassi said...

I am glad you enjoyed your day, but there is NO such thing as a good oyster!

Glennis said...

Glad you finally made it there! Hooray!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

YUM!!!!! I need a Jolly Oyster East Coast Stop!