Saturday, June 23, 2018

Meta Bag


The only times I have visited IKEA have been to acquire furnishings for Ernest. This time, Agatha insisted on joining us. If you don’t know Agatha, you could follow her Facebook page. She was abandoned at The Book Loft and now accompanies me on various adventures. 



She was most insistent on having meatballs. 



And she adored the blueberry cheesecake. 




Ernest bought two panels and many hooks to hold his climbing gear. Agatha and I did not need anything (other than the meatballs and cheesecake), but we grabbed this giant bag at the check stand.

Do we need this, Agatha grumbled. It’s too big to carry me in. 
It’s a souvenir, I responded.
Humphf, humphfed Agatha. 



Ok, see? It has a use. It holds all my other bags. It’s the bag of bags. 




met·a
ˈmedə/
adjective
US
  1. 1. 
    (of a creative work) referring to itself or to the conventions of its genre; self-referential.

2 comments:

Jenny Hart Boren said...

I have one, too, which lives in the trunk and HOLDS ALL MY OTHER BAGS! I suspect we are part of a much larger club.

Anonymous said...

I use a crate to hold my bags, but I count myself as part of your gang. I would go to IKEA just to eat and walk around, but the nearest one to us is 2 hours driving.