Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Kids Biking on Road"

Kids biking on road?  I seem to see this every weekend.


Here they come!  Then they left the road for the mountain.


Misadventures on lap one.  Trying to pass someone, his back wheel caught in a bush and came off.


When he put the wheel back on, the back brake was jammed.  So he had front brakes only.  Fun going down the hill.


On the second lap, someone bumped him while he was trying to pass (they're supposed to be good sports and let people pass them...all of Ernest's teammates had trouble with other riders not doing that...) and he wiped out.  Pulled a muscle, but took the time to fix the brakes.  Pedaling with only one leg was just too much, so he didn't finish the 3rd lap.


There were some interesting sights.  This guy wears funky hats.


A junked RV looked like it was a victim of zombie attacks.


Next weekend, a road race.

4 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Front brakes only on a downhill? YIKES! and the desire to cry "FOUL!" over those not following the rules would make it tough for me as a mom. But I know it is great to be there cheering a kid on when he is doing something he loves. :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh gosh, but how exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I find my heart thumping faster just LOOKING at the photos. Quite a sport.

Janet said...

I'm glad he was ok!