Friday, June 01, 2012

Just Call Me Harriet

"Ernest, can you pick up your floor and put your clothes away?  I need to get to your window to spy on the neighbor."

True conversation.

When Ernest was on a trip a few months ago, I seized the opportunity to clean up his room.  While washing the window, I happened to spy the mess in my neighbor's side yard.  He had dragged boxes of junk over there a couple years ago when a yard sale was rained out, and has been adding to the piles  ever since.

(Funny, this did look a bit like Ernest's room, but Ernest's mess was not covered with pine needles.)

This is just a small section...it extends the length of the side yard next to both his house and our shared fence.



The other day I heard scrabbling noises from the other side of the fence.  Hence my need to get into Ernest's room to see what was going on.

There's still a bunch of junk but he seems to have sorted it out a bit.  Is he planning another yard sale?  He has made a barrier out of firewood at the front of the yard to hide the mess from the street.


I will note any further developments.

Harriet the Spy, signing off.

UPDATE:  Saturday 9:00 a.m.  I was right.  There is a yard sale.

6 comments:

Janet said...

all i can picture when i look at that is spiders making their webs...gross!!!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OHMYFUCHINGGOD

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Either that, or the rats are getting organized...

Cassi Renee said...

Ha ha! I like Karen's idea.

My sister has a neighbor like that, although she's been accumulating stuff for much longer --she's kind of scary.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Relief that it's a yard sale and not a re-organized mess!

Slow Panic said...

ugh. my neighbors garage and house looked like that until he died and his family through out dumpsters of stuff.

and this is also why i am decluttering my attic NOW.