Thursday, May 31, 2012

Critters 3: Not for the Squeamish

DISCLAIMER: This post contains some grossness. If you are squeamish, I implore you: Do not page down!

This isn't a critter, but even my vegetables have been icky lately.  The potatoes turned into alien pods, just waiting to sick their tentacles into an unwitting human.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Now back to critters.  Walking home with Mr. T on a Tuesday, we encountered a lot of critters.

A bug in the street...

A Bug's Life

That wasn't so bad.  But watch out!  I warned you!

What the hell is that?  An "ugh" on my front porch...

Jurassic Park

A dead desiccated fetal bird looks rather prehistoric.  It reminded me of the velociraptor fossil in Jurassic Park.   I disposed of this myself, protected by a paper towel.

It gets worse.  Please remember that I warned you!

We got in the house to find that Homer had brought in a souvenir. Frank reported that Homer had been vigorously playing with it earlier but had gotten a little bored by the time we arrived.


The Amazing Spider-Man?

Frank kindly took the still-moving tail outside.  

4 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

and here I am, coffee in one hand, muffin in the other...SPEW!

Anonymous said...

Yep. That is definitely not squeam-proof.

Anonymous said...

Cut the alien-pods in fourths. Send them home with Mr. T to bury in his back yard. He will love digging up the baby pods in about 2 months.
M-I-L

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Aren't potatoes supposed to look like that? ;)
Wagging tails are okay as long as they don't belong to rodents...
And somehow I knew that was going to be a dead bird. I would have waited for a boy to come home and pick it up for me.