Thursday, May 10, 2012

Well, I'll be...

Some of you may have seen this picture on my Facebook timeline yesterday... (well, I'll be a son of a gun, I'm one of those people that likes that newfangled thing)

Ernest walked in yesterday, saying, "Mom, there's something in the tire."  "Where?" I asked innocently.  "Oh, you'll see it.  It's pretty blatant."


Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle, that's some heavy metal. Handy Husband wished it had been in a front tire instead of a back one. "The fronts are down to their wear bars, but the backs could have gone for another 5,000 miles," he explained. Ah well, a new set of tires is arriving at the only local tire store tomorrow. Guess what I get to do.

So today was musical cars day.  Obviously, Ernest's car was out of commission.  Frank left for school in his car.  Handy needed the truck.  That left my car and Handy's fun car.  I offered Ernest my car, a lowly automatic.  He tried his best to negotiate his way into using his dad's stick but I held firm.

Turns out I had to drive out to snag Ernest at lunchtime to sign something for his visa for this summer's trip .  Well, I'll be a blue nosed gopher, that sly boy finagled a car swap then.  Hope he enjoys the ride home.

I went home to put together the packet of visa papers, and trudged off to the FedEx drop box.  We were supposed to include a copy of his driver's license, but all he has is the temporary copy.  Well, I'll be jiggered, guess what was in the mailbox when I got back?  The actual license.

Welcome to one of those "well, I'll be" days.

7 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Good gravy, what a day!
And what the heck is that stuck in the tire, did the repairman say?

I forgot to check facebook yesterday. I always feel bad when I don't log in, because I am sure I missed someone's birthday. Oops.

Janet said...

you'd look cute as a blue nosed gopher :-)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

good golly, where did THAT hunk of metal come from?

Anonymous said...

Oh that sucks! And of course it was a good tire that you had to replace. Ugh.

Cassi said...

What is that piece of metal?! It looks like a ninja was practicing throwing skills :-)

Glennis said...

Yikes! And echoing everyone else, what the heck is that? It looks like a fence post.

dkuroiwa said...

see....this is what i don't like about the new facebook....where in the old one, every single thing that ANYone posted showed up on my newsfeed, now? crap. very little shows up and, it's not that i forget about people or anything, i just~~~~sort of forget to go to their timelines.
sorry....small vent, there.
and yeah...what the heck was that??