Friday, July 26, 2013

Dark Cafe Days

I'm gonna blow this damn candle out
I don't want nobody comin' over to my table
I got nothing to talk to anybody about
All good dreamers pass this way some day
Hidin' behind bottles in dark cafes
Dark cafes
Only a dark cocoon before I get my gorgeous wings
And fly away
Only a phase, these dark cafe days


Karen asked me was there something wrong with her feed or was I not posting. It's not your feed, it's just me.  It feels like I used up my mojo on the college road trip, and then visiting my dad, and since then I have felt like nothing.  I'm Snow White trapped with the dwarves Fussy, Lazy and Sassy.  I'm the stepsister's foot that doesn't fit the glass slipper.  I'm Droopy.

I suppose these dark cafe days will pass.  They always do.

I am on a lonely road and I am traveling
Traveling, traveling, traveling
Looking for something, what can it be
Oh I hate you some, I hate you some, I love you some
Oh I love you when I forget about me

I want to be strong I want to laugh along
I want to belong to the living
Alive, alive, I want to get up and jive
I want to wreck my stockings in some juke box dive


2 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I know those dwarves. Living with men (and children) is the reason The Women's Colony is so popular.
You could fly away and come visit me!
Or will you be able to see Mrs. G. on her trip with her daughter?

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It's hard to adjust to how much more life takes out of is than it used to, in my opinion.