Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Opa!

I got myself out of the house to go to the Greek Festival last weekend.  I carried the camera around and only took one picture.  Cat art, of course.


I love the food.  We had gyros, of course, and brought home some baked delights.



In keeping with the Greek theme, Handy marinated some lamb from Costco, and barbecued it.  I would share his marinade recipe but I don't really know what he put in it.  Olive oil, red wine, spices?  He said, and I quote, "Some green stuff from the cupboard."   That would probably be oregano. It was the most delicious meal.

There was enough left to make pitas, and there is still enough left for Frank to make a Shepherd's Pie.  He is the pie man..  We are due for another peach pie soon, or at least some cobbler.

3 comments:

Janet said...

mmm, baklava! ba ha ha as we say it to be funy around here ;-)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I adore that cat. I would likely have bought it. I made fresh peach cobbler a couple of weeks ago and it was incredible. I may have to do it again tomorrow.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I adore that cat... and Greek food... and pie!