Friday, August 16, 2013

Vista Point

On the way mountain pass drive to Ernest's follow-up appointment for wisdom teeth extraction*, we passed a vista point.  Why haven't we ever stopped there, he asked?  I don't know, let's stop on our way back.  Well, I do know.  Mostly he's in a hurry to get from one place to another.  I do remember stopping there to breastfeed hungry babies but they wouldn't remember that, would they???

So we saw...

a rock carving


the spectacular vista ("that's a real trail down there!" says Ernest excitedly)


a leaning tree, with Ernest trying to duck out of camera range


older fire damage


and it was a little hot!


*He had the most uneventful extraction ever.  
All the stories his friends told him about 
how crazy they were coming out of the anesthetic?  
Not him.  

2 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I'm glad he had an easy time of it. My boys were eating cheeseburgers within days of their extractions; I was a wimp and ate baby food for a week!

The trail and vista is lovely but at that temperature reading I try to remain in an a/c climate.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for an easy "out" on the teeth. What a HOT drive home.