Monday, September 30, 2013

Birthday Lime Cheesecake

What's up with our kids continuing to have birthdays? I mean, really, every year!

Frank gets a little bit cheated since he is our resident cake baker. For his birthday, someone else has to make it. Always thinking of something new, he asked for lime cheesecake. Lime? I asked. Lime! he stated emphatically. So lime it was. I substituted lime juice instead of lemon in our usual recipe, and added the zest of one lime. I also grated some zest on the top for decoration.


It was delicious.


Most of the family is singing-impaired.  So Frank had to conduct his own birthday song.




It cracked him up.  


I hope it was a good wish!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIM!
That sounds like a delectable dessert for a birthday celebration.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Happy birthday to your Frank!
Lime cheesecake sounds fantastic, and I have no doubt that you did it justice.

Jenny Hart Boren said...

Lillie turns 24 Friday and kicks off my family holiday train-her, me (100), Halloween, Annie (30!), Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and last, Sam (28) in January. Dang! Somebody's definitely getting a lime cheesecake!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Happy Birthday! and the cheesecake sounds divine. My oldest daughter has a Broadway voice, but the rest of us caterwaul.