Saturday, May 23, 2015

In Which A Birthday Occurred

After my turtle incident, there was a whole mess o' stuff going on. 
I'm just not getting into all that right now.  
But things have been looking up since my birthday.

There was breakfast pizza, and 
I was up to my usual tricks.



Ernest took me to lunch.


There was a famous burger.


and more of my tricky business.


There was a view.





There were rehearsals, #1


and #2



There was singing of some sort or another.



and a complaint about strum patterns




But the candle's burning!
I have to take a picture!

Why is Boston Cream Pie a cake?
No matter. It was delicious.
What cake wouldn't be, with chocolate poured over it.


Happy Day to Me!

7 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Yay for views, music, Boston Cream Pie "cake" and getting to hear your voice!
I'm glad things have been looking up since your birthday. (This is why birthdays should happen more often and with longer celebrations, right?)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

gawdamn, cover EVERYTHING with chocolate :) happy birthday Heidi!

Cassi said...

Yay for great birthdays! Yay for great kids! and Yay for great food! I knew you'd celebrate in style :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you were treated right!

Common Household Mom said...

Happy birthday! Wonderful photos of everything.

Turtle incident? I go away for 2 days and I miss the turtle incident.

The coastline view is just gorgeous. So is the instrument - is that a lute? a ukelele?

That cake is called Boston Cream Pie because Bostonians are scoff-laws (just look at the way they drive) and free spirits (cradle of the American Revolution) and can call things anything they want.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

I've never had Boston Cream Pie! Isn't that some sort of sin? It looks amazing. I'm with Gary. Cover everything in chocolate and pass it on over! Happy belated birthday!

Jennifer Denise Ouellette said...

That looks amazing! Happy Belated Birthday!