Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hiding

It rained on Saturday and Homer disappeared after breakfast. I couldn't imagine that he went outside on a day like that. He was not in his usual post of alertness when I cooked the bacon. Usually he is at BaCON Level 1 (maximum readiness to mooch bacon). I was worried and called and called for him. You worry what your neighbors will think when you go outside in jammies and call out, "Homer! Bacon!"

Finally he appeared from under the table.




He slept under the table most of the day. Oh, let me be honest, all day. I mean, he sleeps all day anyways, but usually it's out where we can see him. Maybe the darkness and wetness of the day made him want to cocoon and hibernate.

On Sunday the sun came out and Homer was back to normal. Bacon, bacon, why isn't there bacon today? Why isn't there bacon flavored cat food? Oh well, I'll accept a little cream cheese.

5 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Poor guy. Nobody likes to miss out on bacon.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. Your Homer is SO cute. What a great post. I love my kitty too. Lately she has been having some bathroom issues since we got 2 kittens. I am stressing about it because it is SO UNUSUAL and I don't know what I can do to help her adjust more : (

Jason, as himself said...

Glad he came back! Glad for bacon.

Anonymous said...

BaCON Alert--this kills me!
I have a house full of people ready to leap when they sniff that stuff.

Anonymous said...

I've been there, minus the bacon. Apparently my cat is weird, because who doesn't like bacon? (I mean, besides my wannabe vegetarian 12yo.)