Monday, September 17, 2012

The Sci Fi Part

In addition to the music part of the EMP, we also loved the sci-fi (not SyFy - don't get me started on that stupid spelling change) exhibits.  Classic icons of sci-fi, plus special exhibits on Avatar and horror films.  What's not to like?

I loved the shafts of light at the entrance so much that I made my sons walk through again so I could get a better sequence of pictures.


Frank was hoping Kirk's chair would be accessible for sitting in but no such luck.


I tend to forget Uhura was actually a redshirt because she was so awesome.


We never did answer that question, "Star Trek or Star Wars?"  But we were in agreement that Han shot first.

I'll be back...



Exterminate!


Once, the cake was not a lie.



On to horror.  Which are your favorite scissor hands?


An analysis of monster infestation.  Mall of America looks dangerous.



Great gift shop with an excellent selection of zombie books.  They could use a stack of I, Zombie, though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can definitely see the appeal this would have for teenaged guys!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That looks very cool.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Star Wars & Star Trek, YES.
Horror films, NO.

The light tunnel is very cool!