Saturday, March 25, 2017

Poached, Both The Egg and the Idea

Old dogs CAN learn new tricks.

I finally learned how to poach an egg.

I'm letting a co-worker take credit for giving me the tip. He saw it on a YouTube video. I didn't tell him that I had already read about it in the Food Lab cookbook. Let him think he taught me something. I intimidate him enough with my crossword puzzle skills.

Anyway, you crack the egg into a sieve and drain off the runny part of the white, then drop it into simmering water. Voila!





Hmmm. That looks a bit skimpy. I think I need another egg.


Better!


That was one of the best breakfasts I've made in a long time.

I sent the coworker a picture and he responded:


We talk about food a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love a runny yolk. Those turned out nice.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I'm salivating... seriously.
I must try this, properly, with a sieve. (I had never heard of that trick!)