Thursday, August 23, 2018

A Day in Ellay

Back when I was a Bay Area child I thought that's how L.A. was spelled. Then we moved south.

Occasionally we venture to Los Angeles for some kind of event. This time it was the Cat Art Show 2018. You know I wouldn't miss that.

It was an eventful day. The first event was parking. We found a reasonably priced parking lot in the Fashion District. We were a little early for the art show, so we headed to my alternate stop, The Last Bookstore. It was about a 15 minute walk.










I was in heaven wandering around this gigantic book store. Handy was not too interested and went off in search of a bathroom. Public restrooms are not plentiful in L.A. due to the downtown homeless issues. On our way back to the art show, we passed a man who had just taken a shit on the sidewalk.

Back at the Cat Art Show:







This one looks like Francine!






Then on to Wilshire Boulevard, for a food truck lunch and a visit to the Petersen Automotive Museum, one of Handy's favorite places.



A piece of the Berlin Wall.





The VW from Little Miss Sunshine.



I know you MUST recognize this.



Look, I found a cat!



There's always something new and different to see there.


And then we went home to the small town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you thought that's how it's spelled. Amazing how much feline art there really is out there. That van!