Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Norwegian Forest Cats

I was watching Cats 101 on Animal Planet and suddenly started screaming, "Frank, Ernest, come in here! Homer is on TV."



(If only they had spelled NORWEGIAN correctly.) Here's a link, in case it doesn't play correctly.

I searched for pictures of Norwegian Forest Cats and not only did I find Homer's doppelgänger...

Stock Photo

Homer

I also found Francine's.

Stock Photo


Francine

Francine has the true fluffy tail of the Norwegian Forest Cat. Homer's tail has some mixed genetic material as it's not nearly fluffy enough.

They should be right at home here. We love Norwegians, being half Norwegian myself.

5 comments:

Aunt Snow said...

Wow!! identical!! I'm impressed with the lineage of your cats!

They are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Now all you need are some trolls and lingonberries:)

shrink on the couch said...

I was listening to the video as I scrolled down. Just as I saw a pic of Francine I said, "that looks like a Maine Coon Cat." And just then the video said how the Weegies resemble the Coon Cat. I donj't know that I've ever seen a Weegie and it's been a good 20-something years since seeing a Coon. TMI, right.

Here's the short version: Both are beautiful cats.

The Bee said...

I miss my Weegie...they are super companion cats. Do yours follow you around like dogs?

Luisa said...

OMG my cat looks just like yours! here is a picture of him http://i45.tinypic.com/2qbhr7t.jpg